Are you trying to get fit but hate running outside in the cold winter weather? You’re not alone! That’s why many people are turning to at-home solutions like treadmills.
The Horizon 7.0 AT Treadmill is one of the top choices for home exercisers, and with good reason; it comes loaded with features that keep your workout interesting and challenging.
If you’re considering getting serious about your fitness, you should consider investing in a treadmill – specifically, the Horizon Treadmill. In this Horizon Fitness 7.0 AT Studio Series Treadmill review, I’ll dive deep into its features and performance to help you decide if it’s the right choice for you.
Horizon Fitness 7.0 AT Studio Series Treadmill Review
The Horizon Fitness 7.0 AT is the perfect treadmill for high-intensity interval training and running. It features a powerful 3 CHP motor with a rapid response time, as well as a well-built steel frame that can sustain up to 325 pounds and a larger running deck that provides an additional five inches for taller people or those with longer strides.
The three-zone cushioning also reduces the impact on your joints, making it great for hill workouts. The simple LED display shows all the necessary information for a great workout, and the quick dial controls let you adjust the speed and incline easily.
The Horizon 7.0 AT Treadmill is an excellent option for runners looking for a treadmill that can handle their powerful acceleration because it has a strong steel structure that can hold up to 325 pounds.
Also, because it is longer than the typical 20 by 60-inch running deck, tall persons and people with lengthy strides can benefit significantly from it. The Horizon 7.0 AT Treadmill has a top speed of 12 miles per hour, or 19 kilometers per hour, with a maximum incline of 15.
At a glance you can see:
|Motor||3 CHP with rapid response time|
|Frame||Steel frame holds up to 325 lbs|
|Running Deck||5″ larger than typical size, good for tall people and longer strides|
|Cushioning||Three-zone cushioning to reduce joint impact|
|Display||Simple LED display shows necessary workout information|
|Controls||Quick dial controls adjust speed and incline|
|Top Speed||12 mph or 19 km/h|
|Max Incline||15 degrees|
|Fitness Programs||Built-in workouts, compatible with third-party apps like Swift and Peloton|
The Horizon 7.0 AT Treadmill includes a simple LED display that provides all the necessary workout-related information. It also has quick dial controls for adjusting speed and incline, which may take some getting used to but soon become second nature.
The three-zone variable response cushioning on the treadmill works to protect your knees, ankles, and hips from the force of takeoff and to land with each step.
The 7.0 AT Treadmill comes with common built-in workouts, such as a 5k distance, calories burnt, total distance, fat burn, and max heart rate, even though it doesn’t have its own streaming interactive video workouts.
Also, it works with third-party applications like Swift and Kinomap, which provide guided video exercises for your iPad or tablet. To help you get the most out of your activity, Horizon has partnered with many fitness apps that provide comprehensive workout monitoring and guided video sessions.
What We Like
- Rapid response time: The 3 CHP motor is standard in terms of power, but it was built to have a faster response time than the majority of its competitors. This means runners can transition quickly and easily through intervals rather than waiting precious seconds for their running deck to speed up or slow down.
- Sturdy steel frame: The treadmill has a steel frame that sustains up to 325 pounds, making it a solid choice for those who like explosive power off the ground.
- Longer running deck: It has an additional five inches on the running deck, making it an excellent choice for taller people or those with longer strides.
- Variable cushioning: The treadmill has variable cushioning on the belt to reduce the impact on your knees, ankles, hips, and other joints, which is great if you’re looking to get some hill workouts in.
- Compatibility with third-party apps: The 7.0 AT is compatible with third-party apps, including Swift, Peloton, and NikeRun Club. It can connect directly to the Swift app and share your running speed to allow you to free run in its nine open-world maps or compete in group runs or races against people from around the globe.
What We Don’t Like
- No interactive video workouts: The treadmill doesn’t have its own streaming interactive video workouts like the NordicTrack Commercial 1750 or Peloton Tread.
- Basic console: The console doesn’t have the same bells and whistles as higher-end units in the category, but it’s simple LED display shows all the information you’ll need to get a workout.
Is it the Best Value?
The Horizon 7.0 AT Treadmill is a good value for its price. It may have different features than more expensive models. Still, its compatibility with third-party apps, longer running deck, and variable cushioning make it a solid choice for runners who want a budget-friendly treadmill for HIIT workouts or regular training.
Video: Review After 7 Weeks of Use
Experience the ultimate running machine as BigGoofyRunner & Family shares their honest review of the Horizon Fitness 7.0 AT Treadmill after 7 weeks of extensive use, with no major issues and over 450 miles logged, proving that it’s definitely worth the investment. Here’s the video –
People Also Ask
To further help, here are some answers to questions you may have about Horizon Fitness 7.0 AT Treadmill.
Is Horizon AT 7.0 Treadmill Good for Running?
– Yes, the Horizon 7.0 Treadmill is recommended for running and walking.
What is the Weight Limit on Horizon 7.0 on the Treadmill?
– The maximum user weight limit for the Horizon 7.0 Treadmill is 325 lbs.
How High is the Horizon 7.0 at the Treadmill Step-up?
– The step-up height for the Horizon 7.0 Treadmill is 8.5 inches.
Is the Horizon 7.0 Treadmill Quiet?
– Yes! the Horizon 7.0 AT has a 3.0 Continuous-Duty HP motor that is strong yet quiet and can withstand long runs and interval training.
How Fast is 7.0 on the Treadmill?
– The Horizon 7.0 Treadmill has a speed range of 0.5-12 MPH.
In conclusion, if you’re looking for a treadmill that can handle your high-intensity interval training, is compatible with third-party apps, and delivers excellent value for its price, the Horizon Fitness 7.0 AT is a perfect choice.